Keeping a home is a major part of responsible homeownership and the costs to maintain your home-sweet-home can really stack up, depending on the city you live in. You can save money if you're willing to get your hands dirty with some DIY! So let's begin!
1. Hang up a beautiful, unused scarf on the wall. However, make sure to iron it before you hang it as a display. You could also frame it for a quirky touch.
2. Try something unusual! There is no rule that you have to frame only photographs and paintings. Frame a fabric or wallpaper sample instead and hang it up. It is a great way to add some texture to your room and will surely make guests do a double take.
3. Make your board games like Scrabble, Snakes & Ladders and Ludo a wall art. It's a totally cute and fun idea if you share the room with your siblings or a roommate.
4. Bring out the inner Picasso in you! Turn a photograph into a watercolour pixel painting with the help of an app. If this is not your cup of tea, you can try your hand at spray painting. Paint papier-mâché letters to create colourful alphabet letters. Sounds great, doesn't it?
5. Create string art with embroidery yarn. Trust us! It will look absolutely delightful in any part of the room that you display it in.
6. Who doesn't love bling? And we are sure a little bit of it on your wall would do no harm. Sequin a wall which looks dull and drab for a quick makeover!
7. Make a display with shoe boxes. Spray paint the insides of a shoebox and display your favourite items in it. You can also line the boxes with papers if you are not gung-ho about spray painting.
8. Stencil letters are in trend. They catch the eye and add some depth to the living space. You're your favourite quote or phrase into wall art and display it proudly on your wall.
9. Create a constellation art with string lights and a canvas. All you have to do to achieve the look is poke holes into the canvas in a random constellation pattern and then stick the bulbs of the string lights through its holes. Voila! You have beautiful constellation art for your wall.
10. Simply glue wooden letters onto a canvas and spray paint to your heart's content using your favourite colours. There you go, you have a masterpiece at hand!
11. Add some greens to your wall! Make a succulent vertical hanging garden. This is a great idea as it is low maintenance, and requires little light and water.
12. Make the best out of waste! Turn leftover wine corks into wall art and impress your visitors.
If DIY is not your thing, you can look for ready-made decor items for your favourite wall in your home. Derive some inspiration from here: https://www.bergerpaints.com/colour-magazine/june/2017/decor/