Home décor enthusiasts are always on the lookout for ways to do up their houses without breaking the bank. Unfortunately, almost every trend which catches the public eye leads to one spending quite a bit more than originally anticipated due to the sheer variety of options available.
If this has been the only issue holding you back from redecorating your house, fear not. In this article, we’re going to talk about Washi Tapes; an option that is as stunning as it is versatile. Not to mention completely fuss-free and so economical, you’d be amazed.
There are a few factors to remember when deciding which way to go with Washi tape décor; it is important to keep in mind your home colours and buy the tapes accordingly. It becomes much easier to create an impact with Washi tapes if your house is painted a neutral colour, but even if it isn’t, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
If your home is painted in a decidedly cool or warm colour, the tapes you pick must be complementary, i.e. on the opposite side of the paint colour on the colour wheel. Here are some ideas for ways in which the tape can be used to spruce your pad instantly!
1. Colourful, designed candles cost much more at stores than plain ones do, yet solid coloured candles can look oh-so dreary and dull. Wrap the tape around the candle with varying gaps between each strip to create a beautiful pattern. You can also mix and match colours that look good together for added effect.
2. Washi tapes can also be used to add an oomph factor to mirrors with plain borders. For this, it is better to pick metallic coloured tapes unless you are going for a specific theme. Cover the entire frame with overlapping strips of tape so that no portion of the real frame is seen.
3. If your home colours are really pale ones then you have a chance to get really creative with these tapes. Get some box cutters and make a gorgeous mosaic on the wall or use the tape to create outlines of origami birds or other motifs.
4. To brighten up utilitarian dining table coasters, you can pick up patterned Washi tapes and stick them to the coasters in a criss-cross pattern.
5. If you have a lot of posters and pictures for your walls and not enough frames, you can create instant frames using the tapes. Washi tapes in bold colours or metallic tones will look beautiful as frames.
There you have it, quick, easy and affordable ways to update your home in a jiffy, so go ahead and utilize these tips for that décor change you’ve been hankering after!