Since the early days on, human beings have been looking for shelter to seek safety from elements of nature. First, we built huts and mud houses and now we have moved to concrete structures and high rises. But the risks that nature poses still remains high. Even with technological and architectural advances, water damage still remains a major concern.
When it comes to home improvements, it is not limited to updates that you can necessarily see. Improvements can also be in form of plumbing, electrical wiring, or something you may not see on the outside and adds aesthetic value to your home but it can be unseen updates that will make the very foundation of your house stronger.
Waterproofing your home is an improvement that plays a key role in the maintenance of your home. Lack of waterproofing or bad waterproofing can ruin your expensive interiors and create a mess for the inhabitants of an already finished project. In the end, you will have to redo everything and spend extra money for the same project. There is nothing worse than finding water damage in your house after an expensive renovation because the only way to fix it is to tear the house down again and repair it. It is far easier and practical to ensure your house is waterproof in the start and take necessary precautions than repair the damage caused by water to your interiors and exteriors.
Identifying where water leakage and damage is most likely to happen will help you deal and prepare for waterproofing better. Roofs are most prone to water damage and seepage, so it is important to ensure you have taken necessary steps to waterproof your terrace or rooftop. After roofs, the second most prone place is walls. Lack of waterproofing or bad waterproofing will make water seep into your exterior walls and in no time enter your house and ruin your interior work too. Bathrooms are also highly likely to suffer from water damage, given this area of the house has most water stored in form of water tanks. In case of heavy rains and flooding, basements or houses on ground levels can suffer from heavy water damage.
Let us first understand how water enters in buildings and houses:
• Blistering of paint and cracks on the exterior walls
• Damage to foundations and structures such as flooring, beams, skirting and frames
• Short circuit of lighting and power points
• Swelling of plasterboards or damage in ceramic tiling
• Faulty electric work- especially for air conditioning
• Designs and material characteristics
People might get overwhelmed by the costs of waterproofing and sometimes ignore or skip it. But most of us do not realise the extent of damage water can cause to our houses. The best options for waterproofing can set you back by up to 1-3% of the total cost of construction of a building. However, it usually accounts for up to 70-80% of the complaints and huge costs in repairs and reversing the effect of water damage. It is far more practical, cost-effective and efficient to make sure your house is waterproof than to repair the damaged caused by water damage.
If you believe that if your house construction is new and doesn’t pose the risk of water damage then you will be surprised. A lot of new constructions and projects overlook this only to find shocked house owners upset about water damaging their newly decorated and painted houses. Water damage is not limited to old housing structures and properties; there have been several cases of new projects wherein the inhabitants have suffered water damages that have ruined their expensive interior projects.
Effective and Reliable Waterproofing Solutions
To make waterproofing more practical and accessible, Berger Paints India recently launched Wall Shield 2K, just in time for the upcoming monsoon season in India. The formula consists of a powder and liquid which has to be mixed together and applied on vertical walls and surfaces. It presents an acrylic cement waterproof coating solution for both interiors and exterior; a modern innovation that rethinks conventional ways of waterproofing. It effectively shields your exteriors and protects your interiors from water damage, building a strong, robust foundation for your home.
Why Berger Paints Wall Shield 2K:
1. Innovative technology at its core: Wall Shield 2K features a unique crystalline action
formula that brings about a new way of waterproofing your home.
2. Suitable for both interiors and exteriors: Practical and easy-to-use, it can be applied easily with the help of a brush for both interiors and exteriors.
3. Long warranty: It comes with a 10-year-warranty, the only waterproofing product in the market with a long warranty making it a one-time investment.
4. Damp proof: While waterproofing your house can seem like a task, it ensures that your house is livable and comfortable for years to come, saving you headaches about water damage and leakages later on.
5. Cost-effective: Wall Shield 2K brings a cost-effective waterproofing solution without compromising on the product quality. In the long run, a good waterproofing job will ensure your house is safe from any water damages in the future and end up saving you money for repairs and redoing expensive interiors.
6. Temperature resistance: Be it hot summers or stormy rains, Wall Shield 2K is resistant to extreme weather conditions, especially in coastal regions that see heavy rainfalls and hot tropical Indian summers known for its intense temperature and humidity.
Instead of looking at the cost of waterproofing your house, it is important to understand how it solves both short and long term water damage problems. A waterproofed house provides a strong foundation so that you do not have to worry about damaged walls and ceiling which will cost you money in repairs. Waterproofing is crucial to prevent costly, dangerous and cumbersome damage caused by the moisture in exterior and interior surfaces. So, ensure that you waterproof to seal your house from water damage for safe and hassle-free living conditions for you and your family.
Are you ready to waterproof your home?
Visit www.bergerpaints.com to #BuildStrongHomes