The secret is out! Find out how to keep your bathroom watertight and beautiful for years to come…
One of the wettest areas in the house is the bathroom. It is prone to dampness, moisture, mould, mildew and bad odour. However, since it is not just a place to freshen up but also a place to get rejuvenated and refreshed, it is important to not neglect existing waterproofing issues and tackle them before they end up ruining adjoining rooms as well.
How does bathroom waterproofing help?
- Stops seepage and leakage: The problem of water leakage in the bathroom not only impacts the durability of the structure of its walls and roof but also damages its aesthetics. Waterproofing acts as a barrier, preventing water from causing damage.
- Prevents mould and mildew: If water creeps into your bathroom, it may lead to the growth of mould and mildew, which as a result may cause or aggravate the problem of coughing, wheezing, skin irritation, eye infection and so on. People with a medical condition like asthma are at a higher side of the risk.
- Enhances insulation: Waterproofing your bathroom controls indoor air circulation, locking the warmth and reducing heating expenses if you experience harsh winters.
- Increases your home’s value: A completely waterproofed bathroom saves the structure from damage, increasing the overall value of your property. Similarly, a poorly waterproofed one tends to diminish the value and deflect prospective buyers.
- Maintains home’s aesthetic appeal: Getting your bathroom flooring and walls waterproofed helps in maintaining its visual appeal.
- Reduces the cost of frequent repairs: Getting your bathroom waterproofed helps reduce the cost of frequent repairs over time.
Areas to check before waterproofing
- Sunken slabs
- Wall joints
- Shower splash area
- Tile joints
- Improper tiles
- Beneath wash basins and bathtubs
- Slopes that lead to the bathroom drain
Water seepage is a grave problem that needs to be immediately addressed by using the right waterproofing solution. Waterproofing your bathroom not only prevents water seepage but also keeps it clean, tidy and well-maintained for years.
When thinking about waterproofing, the first step is to consult one who can identify the root cause of the existing problem. Once identified, it becomes an effortless process to waterproof your bathroom with long-lasting solutions.
Professional waterproofing can make your bathroom look stunning, taking away all the unpleasant effects that water damage tends to do.
Consider the long-term benefits of using Berger’s Homeshield waterproofing solutions. We have innovative products such as Latex Shield 2k, Tile Grout, Crack Fill Paste and other products to tackle all kinds of problems faced in the bathroom, be it cracks or dampness. If you have to waterproof bathroom tiles or walls, now you know whom to call. Our experts offer scientific solutions. #NoGyaanOnlyVigyaan when it comes to waterproofing solutions from our experts!
You can get in touch with our waterproofing experts for the right advice, diagnosis and services for waterproofing of your bathroom. SMS ‘HS’ or click here to book a consultation today: https://www.bergerpaints.com/scientific-waterproofing-solutions/